Please raise with your child/teen the importance of Qatar National Library's membership and the responsibility that goes with having it. The Library offers a wide choice of electronic, print and digital resources (both nonfiction and fiction) in various fields such as education, religion, science and so on. It is your right and responsibility as a parent/guardian to monitor and supervise your child’s library usage and to ensure that age-appropriate content is used according to your individual family values.
- Accept full responsibility for all activities and transactions relating to my membership card
- Report the loss of my membership card immediately to the Library
- Take responsibility for any transactions made by others using my card
- Return all materials borrowed by the due date
- Pay all charges and fees, when applicable
- Not cut, tear, deface, mutilate, damage or deliberately retain any library materials
- Act immediately upon receiving recall and overdue notices; as a member, I am blocked from borrowing any new materials until overdue items are returned, renewed or replacement costs are assessed and fines are paid
- Pay a fine of 20 QR per day for DVDs and kits overdue by 15 days, even if I did not receive or read the overdue notifications
- Pay a fine of 100 QR per item overdue by 60 days (after due date mentioned in my receipt and my Library account), even if I did not receive or read the overdue notifications
For more information, please see our Membership and Circulation Policy here.